Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, May 12, 2016

WINNERS - Challenge #12 - Earth Day

Samra here to announce the winner of our Earth Day challenge from last month. Thank you all who entered with us your marvelous work! Choosing a winner was not an easy task with so many wonderful entries! But without further ado I present to you...

WINNER -#33 Miranda
Miranda created this Earth Day inspired Journal Page, draw the hands holding the globes so beautifully and picked such a perfect sentiment to top it all off. In my eyes, this is a perfect interpretation of the challenge. Thank you Miranda for creating such an inspiring piece!

Congratulations Miranda!  Pamellia will be in touch by email to send you a personalized winner's badge and to provide details about being our Feature Artist for the next challenge.



RUNNER-UP -#46 Kerstin
Truly and magically gorgeous piece. Love the magic of the sea feel of this piece and all the greens and blues that mix so well in this work of art.


RUNNER-UP - #51 Lisa
Shabby Chic gorgeousness at it's best!!!  I love the blue flowers, shabby bow and the delicate butterfly just like our strong and mighty earth, yet so very delicate and fragile.

***
Now let's have a look at our DT favourites:


Anne's Favourite - #30 Karina
Karina transformed a plain album into a beautiful sea themed one, inside and out.  Each page has been altered, capturing the wonderful colours of Samra's gorgeous mood board.

Branka's Favourite#4 Julia Aston
This beautiful project has stolen my heart! A brilliant design with so many yummy elements, fabulous color choice and a perfect use of fabric! This altered book is truly a work of art!

Cec's Favourite#23 Yellow House Studio
I loved this array of ATCs because they were chock full of stamping, stenciling and wonderful colour. All the fun vintage images paired so nicely with birds and insects to tie into Earth Day. Each one stands on its own but together they make a cohesive grouping.

Niki's Favourite -#1 Maura
I love the story of the butterflies having an internal compass and being able to fly thousands of miles by instinct. Maura has told their story amazingly well with this lovely tag and has captured a truly magical element of Earth Day. Maura used the greens from the mood board smashingly well and the gears with the pops of gold are stunning! Fantabulous design and details!


Pamellia's Favourites -
38. Jacquie's Jewels
I just loved the technique Jacquie used to colour all these amazing leaves, but there's no denying that my favourite part of this fabulous creation is RUSTY the Squirrel!! Jacquie has captured my heart and the essence of what I enjoy about the outdoors the most...foliage and furry beings! LOVE IT!

54. Jane's Journal
Not only do I love all the amazing blues that Jane used here, but I love her earthy elements and amazing textures!! I also really enjoyed where Jane found her inspiration, please check out her post and be as inspired as I was!

Sara Emily's Favourite -  #32 Joi@RR
I was totally blown away by the colors and the texture on this painting! You really need to visit Joi's blog to fully appreciate this work of art. Her step by steps are fascinating!  Joi took the colors from Samra's mood board and ran with them! And even her inspiration is organic!
***
Honourable Mentions:


13. Corinne                   14. IRIT S                      17. Sue                       34. Astrid
      

35. Drea Slee                 40. Deonna                   41. Suzz                         47. Karen
      

***
A huge congratulation everyone! Thank you so much to everyone who played along with us last month and don't forget to grab your badges! You earned them!!

We are currently celebrating our first blogiversary and it's not too late to get in on the action. We have tons of amazing prizes from our sponsors The Funkie Junkie Boutique, Emerald Creek Crafts and Alleystamp!! You still have until June 4th to...


Hugs to all, from the 'Anything But Cute' Design Team

15 comments:

  1. Ohh wauw!! I can't believe it that I won, whoop whoop!!
    Thank you!!
    Gr miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thrilled to one of your DT picks Pamellia, especially as there really were some outstanding projects for the Earthday challenge. Thank you so much.It was amazing how gin could give me so much inspiration, it was a magical day out. Sending sunshine hugs from my garden where I have just eaten lunch with sweet Billy at my feet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooohhhh:)Thank you Anne - I'm so happy, don't know what to write...;p
    It encourages me to create more projects!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....fabulous 'winners'....all of the very creative projects x Absolutely love the inspiration from everyone, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so very much ladies! I have been doubting myself so this is a real boost for me Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Niki! What a wonderful surprise to be your DT pick!!! You've made my day!! Loved reading your comments about my project - thanks!! Congratulations to everyone on the wonderful projects you all made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My big congrats, such fabulous projects and wow, what a surprise for me, thanks so much, I'm happy!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Miranda, Kerstin and Lisa - SUCH GORGEOUS CREATIVITY! And Big CONGRATS to the DT Pick Winners - such a treat to see so many WONDERFUL projects. Thank you for the honor Sara Emily. Hugs to you all! j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to all! What a treat it was to get to see so many wonderful Earth inspired projects in one place! I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone Celebrates their Style! So far, we've had amazing entries!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe I'm one of the favorites. There were a lot of beautiful projects, so this is truly an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done to you all, looking forward to the next challenge.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!!! Well done to the winner and to all the favorites, their artworks are absolutely amazing!!!!!!
    And Thank you for the honorable mention, that's already an honor, and so kind. I have difficulties to follow the blog at the moment, and look more at each individual blog though really would like to do it! You are all so kind and uber-talented here.
    Crafty hugs, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Thank you Pamellia for having me as one of your favourites, I was just going through to see what the latest Challenge is and saw this, what a surprise. Thank you
    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Thank you Pamellia for having me as one of your favourites, I was just going through to see what the latest Challenge is and saw this, what a surprise. Thank you
    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Branka for choosing my book project as your favorite! What a thrill to be picked out of the crowd of wonderful creativity!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete