Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Feature Artist - Crazy For Colour - Welcome Jane

Hello Everyone!

Pamellia here and I am so excited to introduce you to our Feature Artist for March. Welcome Jane of Jane's Journal! I have been following Jane's work for quite some time and I always find inspiration in not just her projects, but her posts as well. Every post is filled with the images of nature and her surroundings and the places where she finds her inspiration, it's hard not to be motivated with every visit to her blog. She is crazy talented and we are honoured to have her here with us today!

Jane has put together a gorgeous project for our current challenge Crazy For Colour. I am just blown away by the beautiful vibrant colours, and I think you will be too!! And now, over to you Jane...

***
Hello, I'm Jane from Jane's Journal and I am delighted to have been invited by Pamellia as the Feature Artist for the current Crazy for Colour challenge. You will see my spelling of colour, yes that can only mean one thing...I'm English.


I live in Surrey in the UK and I am just about to finish working as a physiotherapist for the NHS after 34 years. It's a long story, the funding for our posts has stopped so I decided it was time to do something very different. Next week is my final week and I have decided to follow a crafting journey instead. Exciting times are ahead.

I have been blogging since 2010 and I have just taken on my very first DT post. I never had the time before. I have been a make and do girl since I could hold a pen and scissors and I adore all things paper crafting, including mixed media.

As well as my paper crafting I am also a silversmith, jewellery maker (note that English spelling again ;0) gardener, keen photographer and occasional cake decorator. Most of my inspiration comes from Mother Nature and my pretty little garden. I am lucky enough to have a garden studio where I can create outside in the warmer months.

For inspiration for this Crazy For Colour challenge I just looked around at all the lovely spring colours exploding around me. I needed a gift money wallet for some Easter cash so I reached for my brightest Distress Inks to come up with this


Yes put those sunglasses on! Below is how my money wallet started out. After blending the inks I added extra colours through 3  of my favourite Tim Holtz stencils.


I also embossed, stamped and fussy cut out a Visible Image butterfly which I coloured with glitter pens for some extra sparkle.


I also added some gold Treasure Gold to the CL die cut leaves for a total bling effect.

Please pop over to my blog here to see the inside of my money wallet and also the gorgeous spring flowers which inspired my post today. A very warm welcome awaits you there.

Thanks again Pamellia for inviting me here today and I really hope that I may have inspired some more readers to join in with this great colour challenge.

Crafty hugs, Jane

***

I'm drooling!! What a gorgeous project! All those beautiful colours make me so excited about the upcoming spring and summer seasons! Such a great project idea and Jane has really captured the essence of our challenge theme! Thank you so much Jane for all your work, you have made a stunning spring creation!

I hope that seeing Jane's wonderful spring wallet creation will inspire you to join us for our current challenge..."CRAZY FOR COLOUR!

You have until the 4th of April to play - and you'll find all the challenge details as well as lots of inspiration from the brilliant Anything But Cute design team by clicking on the challenge link.

Happy Crafting!
Pamellia :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so excited to see a super talented Jane here with us today! I love your art work, Jane and this project is totally cool with such vibrant and beautiful colours! It's absolutely perfect for our challenge! Thank you so much, Jane, for sharing this stunning piece of art with us! Hugs! Branka x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your money wallet Jane, the colours are beautiful and the butterfly is positively stunning! A wonderful way to celebrate Easter too. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a neat project Jane, beautiful colors - perfect for this theme. Congrats on your feature! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Jane, I am just hypnotized by all the stunning vibrant colours! A great project idea and so perfect for our challenge theme! It was great to learn a little more about you too, so honoured to have you here with us as our Feature Artist! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your kind comments.I'm just sneaking in as it's my daughter's 30th birthday celebrations here....such fun! Have a super weekend I hope there is plenty of colour wherever you are....keep crafting! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius concept and Wowzers colour Jane! Fantabulous use of the wonderfuk stencils and that butterfly is gorgeous!! So vibrant and packs a BAM! Can't wait to head over to your blog to see the inside. Awesome sauce and thank you for sharing this with us and being our Feature Artist! Hugz and Happy Easter to you as well! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did take a trip to your blog Jane and WOW - thank you so much for sharing your breathtaking flowers - such a treat. And the inside of your Easter 'gift' is just as AMAZING as the outside. What a SUPER FINE Feature Artist you are. This just couldn't be any more LOVELY and inspirational. Enjoyed every minute of reading and seeing both post. HAPPY EASTER Jane. j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jane! This is a gorgeous money wallet with such vibrant springlike colors and the butterfly looks great sitting there in the garden you created for it. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. 20 21 modern & contemporary art

    ReplyDelete