Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, September 12, 2015

WINNERS - Challenge #4 - Making Magic

Hello Everyone!!

Georgie here, and wow.... seriously you guys... this has been one on the hardest things I've had to do, and I know a lot of teams say this when picking a winner etc, but seriously, it is! The work you've created is just out of this world and I want to say a huge thank you to all have played along in the challenge theme (and a big thank you to my teamies for their superb creations too). I never intended to set an 'easy' challenge and I'm scatterbrained by so many creatively amazing entries. :) Thank you!!

After a lot of going back and forth, here is my winner:

This page completely stole my heart! I created the mood board because of my love of these colours and the theme because of what it can represent! Sanderijn's use of texture, layers and colour has completely blown my mind and the play of light with the colour in the background and the sparkles is beyond magical!!! If you can, go and check out her close ups for this scrap-page - I promise you won't be disappointed!!

Congratulations Sanderijn!! Pamellia will be contacting you via email to send you your personalized winner's badge and details about being our Feature Artist for the next challenge.

***
And now for my Runner-Up



RUNNER UP - 15. Heather

This trio of ATCs have captured a look of old magic, and the set just look completely breathtaking together. I love how Heather used embossing folders for the background and then added acrylics to get the colour. The little vintage images add that air of old mystery to them, and I also get a Lord Of The Rings vibe from them too. I understand completely why Heather doesn't want to let these go, shame though as I so need them in my life! :) Please go check out the other two ATCs, it's a complete magical pick me up!

***
Now on to our DT Favourites




Branka's Favourite#17 Sanderijn de Bruin

I love this magically beautiful scrapbooking layout with all those shimmery elements against the black background! So many fantastic details and amazing textures creating a brilliant composition! A stunning way to showcase that awesome photo! 

Cec's Favourite - # 24 - Irina R.

I chose this assemblage project because the glass lake as she calls it reminds me of a magic crystal and just draws one right into this piece of art.  I love all the bits and pieces she added to the inside and outside of the frame and the shimmery colours makes it all pop.

Niki's Favourite -#6 Lisa Minckler
When I first saw this canvas I was enthralled with the dark beauty of it and the imagery pulled me in. I really enjoyed reading about the message behind this design and the purple ribbon is something that most people know. The texture in this design and the sentiment tugged at my heart because this subject matter hits close to home. Thank you to Lisa for bringing awareness to such a wonderful cause.

Pamellia's Favourite - #37 Mac Mable

I was completely captivated by Mac's project!! The colours are so rich, the whirlwind of golds and greens seem like they come straight from an enchanted forest and the textures just whisked me away to a magical land!! Mac really captured so many of the wonderful elements from Georgie's mood board, I just love it!

Samra's FavouriteLisa #35
The Fairy's wand is what stole my heart! I pay attention to little details and you definitely need a wand if you are going to make some magic :) Of course all the texture and gorgeous composition follow along. 

Sara Emily's FavouriteLisa #35
Lisa really caught my attention with her magical forest, complete with a sprite and her magic wand! I fell in love with the hanging vines, the Skittles and oh MY, the magical sparkle and shimmer!  And she was able to capture all the magic with her camera! Well done!

***
Honourable Mentions


      

      

A huge congratulation everyone! Thank you so much to everyone who played along with us last month and don't forget to grab your badges! You earned them!!

There is still plenty of time to enter Niki's current challenge MIXED MEDIA MAKEOVER! We can't wait to see what you come up with this time!

Hugs to all, from the 'Anything But Cute' Design Team

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all! BEAUTIFUL entries and INCREDIBLE winners and honorable mentions. Great choices by the DT for a really fun and 'magical' challenge! j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled to bits to have been chosen by one of your fabulous DT members. I loved your challenge and it made me dip my toe into The mixed media world. I just know I am going to love it! Thank you so much again from one very happy 'Newbie' xxxx Congratulations to all the fabulous and inspiring winners xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wanted to say....I am learning lots from you very clever, creative and talented mixed media artists. Thank you for sharing your work and for all your inspiration x

      Delete
    2. You are so kind! Your mixed media heart stole mine, too! I wish I could have picked more than just one favorite!!

      Delete
  3. Oh this is such a HUGE honour! The moodboard was so very gorgeous and inspiring, I just had so much fun creating this magical page. Thank you so much...deeply touched I am sitting here....
    To all other entries: girls you did all amazing jobs! I really can imagine it is so hard to choose. Runner up: very well deserved, I was really moved by your creation Heather! I loved the golden wings... To all other featured artist: congratulations! Big thank you for being a winner this month. Thank you team Anything but cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most certainly welcome! Your layout is fantastic! Congratulations!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the HM! All the entries and the DT art is fabulous! Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne! What an awesome piece you made!

      Delete
  5. Thank you very much, ladies! It's nice to be in the company of such talented masters)))
    My congratulations to all !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsers!! What awesome inspiration! Congrats all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone of you are winners! Thank you so much for your support, and for all the awesome entries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late to the party (better late than never I suppose) but I wanted to say thank you so much for the recognition. What beautiful and inspiring pieces everyone submitted. CONGRATULATIONS to everyone. Thank you so much also Niki for those very kind words. :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pages. I'll have to keep my eye open for your next challenge!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete