Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Challenge #1 - May - Vintage Garden

Hello Everyone!

Branka here, hostessing the very first challenge ever here at Anything But Cute.

With summer just around the corner, I find myself yearning for all things Spring. What I think about the most when I think of spring, is all the things you find in your garden. With that in mind I have chosen the theme 'Vintage Garden'.


What do you think of when you hear the word Garden? Is it flowers, birds, butterflies, dragonflies, bees, lattice, vines, fences? Whatever garden vision you have, we want to see it. But make sure it's in a vintage style.

***
And now for some gorgeous inspiration from the talented Anything But Cute design team!

***

I remember how happy I was when visited my Grandmother during my childhood. When I'm thinking of that wonderful time I can see her vintage garden, an old fence, a lot of beautiful flowers and a fresh green grass, in front of my eyes. I was inspired by those lovely memories to create a canvas for our first challenge ever at Anything But Cute.

***

My Vintage Garden began with this lovely vintage image of a woman and her children out in the garden.  I decided to go monochromatic and soft so I changed the image to sepia and then created a canvas full of texture, flowers and bits and pieces from my craft room around her.

For me, Vintage Garden is akin to a Secret Garden. Capturing the majestic beauty of a hidden gem in a wondrously overgrown estate garden, lost in time but not in mystery and splendour. My mind goes to romantic bridges, overgrown walls with magical out door mirrors, the odd quirky outdoor garden feature... :) and then, this canvas was born. I used Prima resins, sprays, dry wall tape, crackle, micro beads... the list really goes on :)

***

When I think of a Vintage Garden my mind automatically went to soft colors and lots of wonderful birds singing. Any type of garden inspires me because I do not have a green thumb at all and have mad respect for anyone that can keep any plant alive! 
I decided to build a 3d canvas for my Vintage Garden complete with an antique hanging birdhouse and an overgrown bird bath. I used lots of cardboard, paint and handmade flowers to create my scene.

***
Samra - Paper Talk with Samra

Vintage Garden always sparks thoughts of  home and picket fence...That is why my card represents all that with addition of some handmade flowers and moss ...

I was inspired to make a 3 dimensional garden after attending our town's Spring Garden Tour 2 weeks ago. Each of the four sides of my birdhouse has a different garden scene including a fountain, a garden wall, a Wisteria patch and potting area, and a rose garden. I used many recycled materials and altered others. Paints, paper clay and a box of tissues helped me create this whimsical garden.

***

Wow, what an amazing line up of creations from our design team! I am proud to call these gals my teamies! Please hop over to the team blogs to see more photos and get some details on how these projects were made. And don't forget to leave some bloggy love while you're there.

I hope that we have inspired you to head to your craft room and pull out those flowers, bugs and fences to create your own version of a Vintage Garden! The winner will receive the honour of being our Guest Designer for an upcoming challenge!

Here at Anything But Cute we just love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional projects and artists. You just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Challenge runs until June 4th - we can't wait to see what you come up with! Be sure to review our guidelines. Happy Crafting from the entire team and thanks for visiting Anything But Cute!



42 comments:

  1. A fabulous first challenge and what an amazing inspirational array of projects from the superbly talented DT. Thinking cap on and looking forward to joining you through the month. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What fabulous inspiration from the DT! Hope I get time to play! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Pamellia on having your vision come to life. All the inspiration from the DT is fabulous and I am looking forward to see what the crafters out there come up with.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. BIG CONGRATS Pamellia!!! Can't wait to see the first challenge entries :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects from all of you! Of course, the theme is perfect for May.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous start to the first challenge with amazing inspiration from the DT.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUGE congratulations on getting your baby up and going, Pamellia! There is no doubt this is going to be a huge success! I'm so proud to be a part of your amazing Design Team.

    I cannot wait to see the projects crafters from around the world come up with! Hugs, Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous, all of the projects are just beautiful and amazing! Well done everyone! Wonderful job on your new challenge blog Pamellia!!
    ~hugs~
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge congratulations Pamellia on your first Challenge theme of Vintage Garden. Such fantastic inspiration from your talented DT, am off to see their posts!

    Love and Hugs
    Mo :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my..... these inspirations from the DT are well.... beyond inspiring. I honestly don't think I have every seen seven more gorgeous versions of gardens - let alone vintage gardens. Wow - I am so looking forward to seeing more of all your DT contributions to Anything But Cute. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL - 7X's WONDERFUL. j.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word Ladies!!! Your creations are positively GORGEOUS!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. BIG CONGRATS, Pamellia on your first challenge at Anything But Cute! I am so proud to be a part of your fantastic DT! Can't wait to see the vintage garden challenge entries!
    Hugs :)
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning collection of DT samples. It's a great theme and I'm so hoping I get some time to play.

    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations ladies, fabulous creations from each of you, amazing ideas. Looking forward to this one each month lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful projects and a great theme

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well you are on your way, good luck with your first Challenge, all the Dt samples are terrific, I hope to participate.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. My oh my ladies!!! Stunning line-up of inspiration. So so impressive! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So stunning ladies!! And so happy to be part of your DT Pamellia, eek can't believe we're at our first challenge, can't wait to see what our lovely followers come up with xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great challenge and love the DT samples.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to see what the lovely artists out here in Blog land create for this challenge! Congrats to the entire DT and to Bubbles for making this all happen. What a wonderful adventure so far! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! Your DT's samples look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Pamellia on your first awesome challenge and such amazing creativity from your amazing designers. I hope time allows me to play along :)
    Hugs xx
    Asmah

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely challenge to start off with...amazing creations by the DT's. Congrats on your first challenge Pamellia and looking forward to good crafty times from the entire team. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful makes from the team! Good luck with your new challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow ladies,your DT makes are just out of this world stunners!!! Speechless at the level of details.....
    Best of luck with it all
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Be still my heart. These are stunning and I love, absolutely love them all.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning makes from all the team! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  28. A wonderful theme and such beautiful inspirations!! Thank you very much and good luck!
    Hugs, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  29. very beautiful creations and many inspirations, merci :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on your first challenge ladies! What wonderful inspiration the DT has given us here! I've linked up my humble offering! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a great first challenge your DT work was so inspiring...well done to you all. I had great fun and have linked up with you. Cheers! x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, all the DT creations are truly awesome! Congratulations on the new 'adventure' ladies, and it looks as if all your hard work, Pamellia, in setting up this fabulous blog is worth it.

    Hugs
    Jennifer. x
    (hope my card is 'vintage' enough)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Amazing inspiration from all the DT! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW AMAZING being new to mixed media world, thanks to Pamellia, I am enjoying a new journey into this amazing work of art. DT are so inspiring I am off to your blogs, to follow and to comment.xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats to all at the DT on your first challenge!
    The inspirational pieces are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fantastic art from all the DT! Congratulations on your first challenge, looking forward to seeing more! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fabulous inspiration for your first challenge. Looking forward to hopping round for a closer look at the ones I haven't already seen.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. However, fences are not just about building boundaries, but can add real character and style to your garden. At the London Vegetable Garden, I like to ‘compartmentalise’ my garden, using fencing to create different areas to enjoy.garden fence

    ReplyDelete
  39. Within this webpage, you'll see the page, you need to understand this data. Cute Nicknames For Crush

    ReplyDelete